IMO For MAC: As we all known IMO free video and voice calls is one of the best HD video chatting app for Android and iOS platform. It has been in trend for a long time now and can be called a fine alternative to Skype and Facetime as well. So before I get into the app review and more, we will be discussing on how to download IMO for MAC using two different methods. I am sure these two methods will help you run IMO on MAC and they both work perfectly on any version of MAC OS desktop.
We were discussing that MAC OS desktop is quite a famous one and there are millions of users who are onto it daily. All those MAC users definitely want to have a fine video chatting and calling app on their desktop to user certainly.
Well they could go for Facetime, but wait! It won’t be a fine choice because it is not a cross platform application whereas IMO messenger can be used on different platforms easily. All you have to do is install the app, enter or register using a mobile number. It will auto add the list of IMO users from your contact list and you can now start searching for the one you want to video chat.
There are quite a few reasons why using IMO would be a good choice and one of them would be being cross platform. Next I recall is this app lets you make either video or voice call and both of them requires less amount of data. This means that IMO app uses very little of your data while you can video chat and call in HD for long time. I mean this app is filled with good features when compared to other apps, who loot your data like anything.
How to Use IMO On MAC OS X Desktop
So I was wondering that you could find this piece of article really helpful if I were to include a how to use topic in it. Then start reading below to find out how you can make video calls using IMO on MAC platform!
- Once you have installed the IMO on your MAC desktop using Bluestacks
- You can run it from apps section and it will look similar to the Android UI
- We can find CHATS and CONTACTS as two tabs on the app homepage
- The Chats section allows users to chat and send text messages to friends
- Next is CONTACTS where all your friends will be listed
- You can go to CONTACTS and click on VIDEO ICON beside a contact to make a video call
- Or else you can click on the name of a particular contact and it will open in a new page
Send Text Messages + Pictures
- There you can find a call option or video call option, you can select either one of them
- On the bottom of the same page you can find text messaging option
- “Your Messages” where you can send text messages to any friend
- On the left bottom besides text, we can find PINK VIDEO ICON
- You can click on it to send a video messages to a friend
- On the opposite to it, we can see EMOJI button which allows us to send different EMOJI to friends!
How to Download IMO For MAC OS X Desktop – Using Bluestacks Emulator
So the first method would be to make use of Bluestacks Android emulator in order to download IMO For MAC. Bluestacks Emulator has been released for both MAC and Windows, so this time we will be using it to run IMO on MAC OS.
Well there are different Bluestacks alternatives for MAC, but I prefer it because it has a better UI design and can be installed swiftly.
- So first thing we do is download Bluestacks emulator from here and install it on MAC OS X
- Next is to open your emulator from desktop and run it
- Now we will be entering IMO in the search bar and click enter button to continue
- After that there will be a results page displayed along with different search results
- Find and select the IMO app from list and click on Install button, similar to Android UI
- This will begin the installation and download process of IMO app on MAC OS
- In quick time we will find IMO installed on our MAC desktop!
IMO Extension For Google Chrome – 2ND Way to Install IMO On MAC OS!
Recently IMO has made their plugin available for Google Chrome browser which is also free to download and install. All you have to do is just download Google chrome browser on your MAC OS. After that you can follow below instructions to install the IMO plugin easily.
- Once you have downloaded and installed Google Chrome browser continue below
- Now you have to open your Google Chrome browser and search for IMO
- Next you will find the IMO free video and voice calls plugin on the tap
- Click on it and it will open in a popup page, where we have to press on “Install or Install” on top right corner
- This will begin the IMO plugin to download and once it is done, a popup will ask to continue installation
- You have to click yes and we will have IMO installed successfully!
Well this was the second method using which you can install and run IMO for MAC easily and this one takes the least amount of efforts indeed. But there are some people who prefer to use Android emulator to install the IMO app, so as to get the full interface running.
I guess you can find which method suits you the best but believe both of the will work fine to download IMO for MAC in no time. If there are any more complications or errors while following this guide, let me know then and we will answer those questions very soon.
Hope that you will have fun chatting with your friend with video and voice calls using IMO on MAC OS desktop.